I play games, study with sociologists, and exercise gratitude. I write about play, democratic action, and Buddhist practice.
This blog is a playground for my ideas and an archive of past interests and entertainments.
email: nsherefkin within the buzzing gmail hive.
Blogging inspirations (ordered by 2nd letter of first name/word):
- Haley Nahman puts her finger on a pulse of American culture and shares the beat with humor and thoughtfulness.
- Jason Kottke host a venerable, internet dreamcatcher of a blog.
- Kieran Healy plays with sociological ideas. He also shares and explains handy little bits of R code that can be particularly useful for data wranglers.
- Mike Rugnetta is my internet intellectual idol. He produces prolifically, I consume consummately, and I am never disappointed.
- Andrew Gelman has fostered an incredible community of scientists deeply concerned with the transparency, veracity, and inclusivity of science. This is a great place to see skepticism put to constructive use.
- Sorry Watch studies apologies from all over time and social space. Their writing has transformed how I think and feel about harm, moral responsibilities, and restorative justice.
- Eric Dennis muses about blacksmithing and the relationships between creativity and the material world.
Slingshot Divining Rod is hosted on Blot.im.